MadJ Innovations specialises in software development, particularly in challenging projects, such as research problems, reasoning under uncertainty, and embedded and real-time systems. Dr David Austin has over 25 years' software development experience and excels at rapidly coming up to speed on new projects and making a contribution quickly.
We also have considerable experience with management of software development projects and teams. Dr Austin has more than five years' experience as team leader of teams of 5 to 20 developers, on projects from 50,000 to 500,000 lines of code. He has experience with all aspects of team leadership, including scheduling, budget management, recruitment, mentoring, dispute resolution and risk management.
We have experience with and use the following tools and approaches:
- Service oriented architectures
- Traditional software development life cycle
- Agile methods
- Cloud computing
- Distributed systems
- RISC and CISC CPUs
- Algorithms: Hidden Markov Models, Particle Filters, Kalman Filters, neural networks, fuzzy logic, dynamic programming, image and vision processing, numerical optimisation methods, matrix methods and many more.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Tcl/Tk, Python, Perl, PHP, many other scripting languages, matlab, Java, Pascal, Modula-2, Modula-3, Fortran, BASIC, LOGO, LISP, SQL, 80x86 Assembler, 680x0 Assembler, 68HC11 Assembler, Z80 Assembler, PIC Assembler.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Solaris, VxWorks, QNX, RTLinux, Windows, DOS.
- Project management, including Gantt charts, budgets, recruitment and risk management.
- Microsoft Project